For many young people the transition to adulthood and independent living is an exciting time.
However, for many young people in care, this can be a very anxious and challenging time in their life.
All young people deserve the opportunity to become confident young adults who are able to find their way in the world. To achieve this, they need nurturing and committed role models to help them develop and grow, – providing the best possible opportunities to become successfully independent and fulfil their potential.
Supported Accommodation for Young People bridges the ‘gap’ between living in care and living independently, providing young people with tailored support that tapers off as young people become more independent.
We specifically focus on:
- Empowering young people to understand their rights and entitlements.
- Developing individual choice, decision-making and self-direction.
- Promoting personal safety, protection and supporting young people to recognise risk.
- Building self-esteem, confidence and resilience
- Engaging young people in a form of education, training or employment.
- Growing support networks that will serve beyond care.
- Supporting young people to become financially independent and astute.
- Overcoming loneliness and isolation.
- Supporting young people to integrate, develop socially, and enjoy life.